AFRICA CENTRE FOR HEALTH LEADERSHIP
EDUCATION OFFICER-: ACHL-DARAGET PARTNERSHIP
TERMS OF REFERENCE SUMMARY/JOB DESCRIPTION
Location: KUBWA, ABUJA
A Job Role:
Position holder reports to the Director/CEO through the Program Coordinator and is responsible for organizing, managing and the delivery of the partnership’s IELTS program, International Baccalaureate, Premed and other online/distance learning programs. The post holder will be involved in running the IELTS Centre, preparing the IELTS teaching program, lectures and exams and providing the correct guidance and feedback to the students to enhance their English and ensure that they pass their test with high scores at the first attempt. S/he will also coordinate all other training programs of the partnership as assigned
Roles and Responsibilities
- Designs and implements the partnerships IELTS program and other assigned programmes
- Teaches IELTS including spoken English to the students and other assigned programmes
- Makes teaching plans for all assigned programmes including the IELTS Program · Managing the class; preparing the lessons to be delivered to the students ·
- Preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises · Marking and providing appropriate feedback to the students ·
- Basic administration, such as keeping student registers and attendance records, assisting students to register for IELTS exams
- Develops and implements workplans and business ideas in ACHL/DARAGET program areas in line with guidance provided and markets to program to achieve high targets in enrollment and make our program the best in the country
- Represents ACHL/DARAGET at key meetings and events as assigned
- Maintains and updates ACHL and DARAGET website as per guidance provided
- Works with members to develop articles, news items and expositions and publish social media and other media to draw attention and visibility to our IELTS programs and how it is impacting the target populations
- Facilitate sharing of information and education of members, beneficiaries and clients on health contemporary issues using social media platforms and other mass media
- Develop articles for the monthly ACHL and DARAGET electronic newsletter and share in various media platforms
- Organize program activities as guided and facilitate such activities, meetings, and events
- Develop and maintain list of resource persons/subject teachers to be assigned to take teach selected subjects based on a roster s/he will develop
- Travel to project locations to implement activities or organize meetings and events as guided
- Mobilize resources for ACHL and DARAGET activities through proposal writing, advocacy, and other methodologies
- Identify and maintain relationships with the government and other non-governmental counterparts, relevant educational institutions, development partners and donors to foster partnerships and collaborations in ACHL mandate areas.
- Facilitates and supervises the cleaning and arrangement of office by relevant personnel.
- Write various program and business reports as necessary
- Monitor and evaluate program as per guidance provided
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualification and Experience
BSc. Ed, or B. Ed or M.Ed./MSc with 4 years’ experience in teaching and educational management. Experience of teaching the use of English as a foreign language preferred
Experience of organizing and teaching on pre-degree programs like International Baccalaureate, IJMB, premed programs
Experience and/or willingness to learn about preparing and supporting students seeking admission into foreign universities preferred
This position is based on an incredibly attractive co-ownership compensation plan which will be discussed and agreed by all parties before selected candidate assumes office.
To apply send a cover letter/CV as one file in Word document to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org